Wednesday, February 13, 2013

the magic of microfiber

I have a love/hate relationship with my tile and wood floors. I love the look of our abode, but I hate the tumbleweeds that form. Not even a day after cleaning, the dust begins to accumulate. I have no desire to vacuum four times a week! Or spend precious money on a box of Swiffer sweepers each month! 

Enter my new favorite thing - microfiber cloths! If you haven't discovered the magic of microfiber yet, get yourself to the dollar store and buy two for a dollar! The cloths are perfect for cleaning grubby windows, walls, and now my newest discovery - floors. I just throw them in the wash with our towels and they are ready to go for the next cleaning project. It says on the packaging to not dry them, but I have numerous times (I know - such a rebel) and they still look fine...maybe slightly shrunk. I figure when they get too gross I'll just go spend a dollar for two new ones! Frugalish!
Anyway, here is my super complicated solution to our dust bunny problem. Affix the microfiber cloth to the Swiffer sweeper wand. Turn up the Mat Kearney music and get busy attacking the tumbleweeds! I'm sure I'm not the first person trying to save a dollar or two with this invention, but I'm loving this frugalish solution! Now I'm on a quest to find other ingenious ways to use microfiber cloths...stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment