Monday, April 15, 2013

sneak peek: yard saled old window

Happy Monday, friends! I'm overwhelmed by the number of you who checked out the blog to view our nightstand and dresser DIY projects. It looks like you love cheap refurnishing and decorating as much as I do! Let's be friends (if we aren't already)!

I thought you might like to see a little glimpse of our next DIY project. We picked up this old farmhouse window from a barn sale last week. If all goes according to plan, the next time you will see this window all the cobwebs will be gone and it will be transformed into a beautiful rustic picture frame!
P.S. If we all start using the term "yard saled," maybe we could get Webster to add it to the dictionary. Yard Saled: an adjective referring to any object that is another man's junk, but your treasure. Yard Saled items are bargains normally purchased on Fridays and Saturdays. 

4 comments:

  1. My aunt once bought a window similar to this while visiting us in PA and then made my poor cousin hold it in the backseat, dirty and splintering, all the way home to Virginia. She hung it on her kitchen wall and it looked beautiful, but my cousin hated it forever! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha I'm glad ours fit quite happily in the trunk!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Me too! I'm a little nervous working on it...I don't want to destroy its aged beauty!

      Delete