Friday, May 24, 2013

see you soon, friend!

Psalm 23
The Lord is my shepherd,
I shall not want.
He makes me lie down in green pastures;
He restores my soul;
He guides me in the path of righteousness
For His name sake.

Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil, for You are with me;
Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.
You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies;
You have anointed me head with oil;
My cup overflows.
Surely goodness and lovingkindness will follow me all the days of my life,
And I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever.


Dear friends,

I apologize for my absence. These last few days have been ones of grief and sorrow. Our beloved friend, Megan, recently went home to be with the Lord. She has blessed my life and so many others in such incredible ways. We miss our sweet, energetic sister, but know she is rejoicing in the presence of our Savior! One day we will be reunited again!

It's been difficult to move on, but we know Megan would want us to live the remainder of our days well and for His glory. Her life is our inspiration to love deeply, to serve others passionately in the name of Christ, and to laugh hard every single day! Some people live their whole lives without such an amazing friend. I'm incredibly thankful to have been blessed by the gift of her friendship in my life! Meg could light up a room with her smile and loud laugh. She had a magnetic, joyful personality and was truly one-of-a-kind!

I ask that you join me in praying that the Lord continues to be close to Megan's family, friends, and students while we walk through this valley. We are not without hope that this is not "goodbye," but "see you later." We will see our precious Megan again!

Someday soon I will pick up my "pen" and begin the blog posts again... Until then, prayers are appreciated.

Love,
Caitlin

1 comment: