Thursday, January 30, 2014

january life and a move

A little glimpse of life lately in photo moments. Food. Snow. Fun. Food. Repeat. 
Oh sweet, sweet goodness. Words fail me.
Pa's birthday bonfire!
An easy peasy egg recipe coming soon.
I know so many of you miss the green, but truly there aren't many things more lovely than a still, quiet snowfall.
If you like experimenting with whole grains and love breakfast, read Whole-Grain Mornings: New Breakfast Recipes to Span the Seasons! Find her blog here.

And the real reason behind my silence lately....
Moving madness in all its ugly glory.

We've moved to a little old farmhouse apartment! It's quaint and old with vintage glamour. The real truth: peeling floral wallpaper with pheasants (why???), a lake view, a crackerbox kitchen with barn wood cabinets, real heat, tiny bathroom, limited cell service (read: the closet has become our office), and no dishwasher (eek!). We've optimistically decided this will be quite an adventure. I'm pretending I'm living in a vacation cabin. It makes me feel better about not being able to squeeze our mattress box springs up the inky, dinky staircase. And the other day, when the pipe to the sink broke and sprayed the kitchen (and us) with water, my mom told me to think of it as fuel for my writing. Thanks Ma.
And so friends, expect some interesting stories and certainly more decor diy project solutions for our little vintage, storage-less place. Back to unpacking!

1 comment:

  1. Aww, I look forward to seeing pictures of your new place as you get it fixed up to your liking! :)

    ReplyDelete